I want to show you today another kind of action cameras. If you own a GoPro, you wouldn’t probably look for another brand. But after reading many online reviews and thoroughly testing the Geekpro 4.0. I came to agree that I can give a chance to other cheaper action camera brands. After all, they can perform a lot more than expected.
I first hesitated to get the Geekpro 4.0 but then all the negative feelings faded away as soon as tested it. You will get a fairly high quality camera for a third of the price of a GoPro.
What I want to show you today is the pros and cons of this cheap action camera. What features does it have and what comes with the package. It truly provides a great value for every dollar spent. A 4K camera for less than 120$!!
Let’s Look At The Review!
Product: GeekPro 4.0
My Rating: 8/10
Best place to buy: Geekprocamera.com
I was always looking for action cameras other than GoPro because I wanted something cheaper that also offers good quality.
Another reason is the fear of losing my GoPro camera. Which by the way happened twice already (1 lost at the sea and another smashed to pieces). I would then prefer to use my Geekpro when doing extreme sports since it’s cheap and I don’t have to worry about it if it gets lost (of course I would lose the videos and my money) but it would be much better than losing a GoPro hero4 black that costs 429$! 🙂
At first, I doubted the Geekpro’s capabilities but honestly I was shocked when I saw the videos and the quality it can deliver! Let’s not forget the tons of accessories you get with the camera for FREE!
Here’s a List of What is Included With The Camera!
1x Geekpro 4.0 action camera
1x Waterproof Housing
1x Carrying bag
1x Handle Bar/Pole Mount
1x Helmet Mounts
1x USB Cable
1x User Manual
1x Lens Cloth
What Are The Features?
The Geekpro 4.0 is a powerful camera that can capture videos in ultra HD, 4K@15fps, 2.7K@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 1080p@30fps. It has a 12Megapixels sensor for high resolution shots. I don’t know if you have noticed but the specs are very similar to the GoPro Hero4 Silver.
The lens has 170degrees wide angle so you can capture more of your surrounding. It has a built-in LCD display at the back of the camera which is very useful for changing modes and settings, and also for better framing my shots. The LCD is incredibly useful and will save me the pain of pressing different buttons in order to get to what I want.
This cheap action camera has WiFi capabilities and has a mobile app that I can download on my phone to control the camera and change settings.
Another cool gadget that I got with the Geekpro 4.0 is the wireless remote! Believe or not, it comes with a 2.4Ghz wireless remote control that has a range of approximately 15meters(49 feet). The older Geekpro models didn’t have a remote so this one is really beneficial for controlling the camera from a distance.
After trying the Geekpro 4.0 on different outdoor activities and trips, I managed to gather good information about its pros and cons, which can help you decide in case you are looking for an affordable action camera.
The Geekpro 4.0 Pros
- Price, price and price. Where can you get a 4K action camera with all these accessories for this super cheap price? Like seriously I was asking myself how does this company earns profit? lol. It might look fishy but trust me, this camera is great compared to its price. A good advantage for people looking to have an affordable camera without paying $300+.
- Video quality is great. It’s clear and crisp. I wouldn’t compare it to a GoPro but it can be really close. The lens has a wide angle (170degrees) that allows me to see more of the surroundings.
- Sound quality is also good. For clear sound, I had to use the skeleton back door or else it will be muffled.
- Battery life is also good and can last around 1.5 hours. I got 2 with the camera which means I don’t have to worry about charging every 2 hours.
- The WiFi lets me connect to my phone through an app called EZ iCam App. It enables me to control the camera and change modes without the need to press any buttons or use the LCD.
- The remote control is super useful. It can be worn like a watch and it helps control the camera from a distance especially if I’m taking still shots. Just don’t get it wet!
- It comes with a shockproof carrying bag, it is convenient to hold all the accessories when I’m traveling or doing outdoor activities.
- Like the other models. the waterproof housing can do down to 30 meters.
- Let’s not forget Geekpro’s excellent customer service.
The Geekpro 4.0 Cons
- The remote control is NOT waterproof. So don’t use it near water.
- Sometimes videos and photos can get overexposed if the camera is facing direct sunlight.
As you can see, the Geekpro 4.0 is a great cheap action camera.
It’s compatible with the GoPro mounts, so if have a GoPro, you wouldn’t have to get involved in additional costs for buying extra mounts and accessories.
The Geekpro 4.0 is a great action camera that costs a fraction of the price of a GoPro. I never expected it to perform at this level. So if you are on a budget and would like to own an affordable action camera then give the Geekpro a try, you will definitely like it.
There you have it!
If you have any questions or would like to share your opinion on the GeekPro 4.0 review, then just leave me a comment in the comments section below and I will be more than happy to help! 🙂